On April 27th, the Blockchain Laboratory, Faculty of Organizational Sciences (FOS), and the University of Florida collaborated to host the first blockchain hackathon named Web3 Algorand Hackathon.
Web3 Algorand Hackathon offered students the opportunity to create innovative Web3 business models and projects in sorts of different fields (healthcare, education, industry, banking, commerce, smart cities…), and design and develop NFT collections using blockchain technologies.
The event started with an opening ceremony where the participants were welcomed by the management of FOS, Algorand, and UF. The welcome speech was given by:
- Sandra Jednak, PhD, vice dean for international cooperation, full professor at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences
- Stéphane Barroso, Algorand ARC Manager
- Marko Suvajdžić, PhD, Director of the Digital Worlds Institute, associate professor at the University of Florida
- Aleksandra Labus, PhD, Head of the Blockchain Laboratory, full professor at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences
The project presentation consisted of 8 teams from the Faculty of Organizational Sciences and the Faculty of Physics, as well as 5 teams from the University of Florida.
The panel of judges were Professor Dušan Barać, Professor Zorica Bogdanović, Stéphane Barroso, Darko Pavić (CEO and co-founder of Fiscal Solutions and Project owner of Ape School), and Professor Marcus Santoso, University of Florida.
We are honored to present to you the winning teams of this year’s Web3 Algorand Hackathon:
- Winners from the University of Belgrade:
- 1st place – team Web 4 (Septian Mudin, Luka Šević, Lana Radmilović) – mentor Petar Lukovac
- 2nd place – team Fashion code (Aleksandra Trpkov, Danica Sovtić, Milica Sapić) – mentors: Professor Aleksandra Labus and Petar Lukovac
- 3rd place – team EasyHealth (Milica Tomić, Ksenija Fratrić, Ana-Marija Đurić) – mentors: Professor Aleksandra Labus and Petar Lukovac
- Winners from the University of Florida:
- 1st place – team GlasChain (Gabrielle Christie, Maylen Casa,l Alexander Olson, Sean Durkin) – mentor Professor Markus Santoso
- 2nd place – team Gator Hackers (Savannah Traub, Austin Fernandez, Christopher Truta, Katrina Das, Karis Dunnam) – mentor Professor Markus Santoso
- 3rd place – team Silly Little Team (Tsehai de Souza, Ky’mani Brown, Kinnara Bosworth, Juno Strunk, Zhuoang Chai) – mentor Professor Markus Santoso
Teams had the opportunity to win prizes in special categories as well:
- The Business Model category – team 4Chainz (Lazar Cvetković, Violeta Sekulić, Milan Stanković, Stefan Sedlarević) – mentor Milica Simić
- The Smart Contract category – team Grand Slam (Zlatan Vasović, Dušan Popovac, Milena Vujičić, Predrag Danilović) – mentor Aleksa Miletić
- NFT category – team fashionblock (Marija Vrljanac, Katarina Šikman, Veljko Cukanić) – mentors: Professor Aleksandra Labus and Petar Lukovac
- The Audience Award – team EasyHealth (Milica Tomić, Ksenija Fratrić, Ana-Marija Đurić) – mentors: Professor Aleksandra Labus and Petar Lukovac
You can read more about the Web3 Algorand Hackathon on the official website of the Blockchain Laboratory: https://bc.elab.fon.bg.ac.rs/.